Thursday, June 01, 2006

Written on Wednesday

So… I’m managing to pretty much get one thing a day done. Not that productive, I know, but I have A LONG TIME to get through. So far this week I have done the following…

Monday….. Came back from Christianas. That was a mission for me in itself, so I took the rest of the day off.

Tuesday….. I came into town. I used the Internet but only for about 10 minutes because I had to meet Nick, so that’s why I’ve only just posted what’s below… And I’ve decided that this university sucks – nearly every door to get in was locked and the library was already shut by the time I came back. Rubbish. How does anyone expect me to be able to blog properly if I can’t even get to a computer?!

Wednesday….. I took my guitar to the shop on London Road! (Yes, that’s the road that I’m living just off next year and yes, that’s where that man was murdered the other week, you might have seen it on the news… The whole time I was walking I was half expecting to see a body outline drawn in chalk on the pavement and drops of blood like you see in films, but alas there was none). It seems I have to fix the guitar myself though (or pay something very ridiculous)… hopefully it’ll be ok! The guy in the shop was like ‘All you need is a few tools…’ to which I replied, with quite a blank look, ‘Do I look like I have tools? I don’t even have any glue. And as a matter of fact I’ve lost my nail file too. I’m going to have to search my whole room. I’m a student. SERIOUSLY. I can’t believe you thought I’d have tools…’ So... I didn’t have any superglue, so all I managed to do the rest of the day was do a little handy work on it with my nail file (which I finally found) and then laze around listening and singing along to Damien Rice very loudly. What could be better than that? Oh, wait, I know, actually having a life would be better that that. How silly of me.

So now all I need to do is:
- buy some superglue
- glue the nut onto the guitar without sticking it to my hand at the same time, or I’ll be wearing my guitar for the rest of my life
- Find someone who can put the strings on for me – I’m pathetic, I know there’s no need to tell me, I can’t even do that. Well… I’ll have a go, but I’m telling you now, I will need help.
- Name it. The poor thing has been around for what seems like eternity and it’s never had a name. I’ve already decided it looks like a girl, but I’ll have to wait until it’s ready to be played (which, at the rate it’s been going so far will be in about 20 years) until I can give it a name and really make it my own. Yes, that’s right mother, now it’s mine. MINE, I tell you! Well, until I want another one it is. Then you can have it back. Or I might bin it. Who knows? Hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home