Friday, May 19, 2006

I wrote this a few weeks ago but am only just posting it...

Guuiiiiiiitaaaaaaarrr!

So, I finally have a guitar. It was mum’s first ever guitar and I have the privilege of being its new owner. There’s just one problem. It only has 4 strings, all of which are ancient (and when I say ancient, I mean, VERY ancient), the nut is broken and it has no case (that also broke). It has also lived in Steven’s cellar for the last 3 years so it smells a bit funny. Great. What am I supposed to do with it? I can’t play it, that’s for sure.

Although, Crofty did point out one very cool thing about it. I’m actually living out a very famous lyric by having this guitar. Well, my mum is anyway…

I got my first real six-string
Bought it at the five-and-dime
Played 'til my fingers bled
It was summer of '69....

(I told you it was old…and yes I know it was your christmas present, but please don’t ruin my fun)

So it’s just sitting in my room looking pretty and smelling minging and that’s where it’ll stay until I sort it out. Or unless someone does it for me. I’m guessing the latter won’t ever happen though, so I better get off my bum and do something about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home