Thursday, June 01, 2006

Written on Tuesday

Last week était fantastique… but as for this week…

Last week consisted of an amazingly fun trip to Flares, a lovely meal, playing hilarious games afterwards, a great night at Chris’ (well we were there for so long it seemed like pretty much nearly the whole day…) and then at the weekend me and Faye went on a shopping trip to Leeds, where we met up with Sarah and Steve (and I managed to offload the 21 presents that I’d spent most of the previous night wrapping for her birthday on Wednesday and we also tried on some AMAZING hats –you know, like the queen or people at weddings wear). Then we stayed the night at Christianas. I always have lots of fun when I’m there, even if we don’t do that much. She went off travelling around Eastern Europe with some of her uni friends on Monday morning so was pretty busy with packing etc all weekend but on Saturday night we still managed a road trip. We only went as far as Helen’s house and then to Jamie’s, but it was still a good road trip with plenty of singing along to ridiculously loud music in the car (which is a definite must have on a trip like that). Jamie’s cat absolutely loved Faye and wouldn’t leave her alone, it was so funny. It didn’t seem to care that she’s allergic, and she had to spend the next hour picking cat hairs off her trousers.

I decided while I was there that I feel a bit deprived because I’ve never been allowed to have a pet. As soon as Jamie opened the front door their dog came racing out and jumped up at me which was great because it’s a really cute dog, then I saw the hamster and then I met the cat. One after another. Like a kind of mini-zoo. Great! Then on Sunday we went to alc, which as always is good because I get to see people that I haven’t seen for ages. Faye went home after lunch but I decided to stay another night so that I could go to the Natalie Grant concert in the evening. It was really good and she has an absolutely amazing voice. I enjoyed myself! Then we had a bit of a mission trying to get everyone to sign Helen’s birthday card while she was being trapped away downstairs. Then me and Chrissie had another mini road trip, but this time to Sam’s and Simon’s, who are friends from school, so that they could sign it. I hadn’t seen them for absolutely ages so it was good to catch up a bit.

But now I’m back in Sheffield, Faye has gone back to Nottingham, about 98% of my other friends have gone home and another of my housemates is leaving for good today. So, what can I say? I’ve just had a great week and now I’m miserable, to put it quite plainly. Even if I get a job, I’ll still be miserable because in the evenings and weekends I will be boooooooooooooooooooooooooored.

Oh well, I’ll just take everything one step at a time…. Today I’m meeting up with Nick for a chat at Costa. Tomorrow…. Who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home