Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I lost my job today. I was gutted.

Today has been one crazy day. Firstly, Jenny got a phone call saying that me and Kayleigh had to go and see Dave (the guy we work for who is quite scary). A few people we know had already lost their jobs, so we kinda guessed what was coming (ok, so the job is only cleaning, but it's here in college so we don't have to go far, and we get paid for 2 hours everyday, even though it only takes about 45 minutes, so in other words, it's awesome). Anyway, we go to Daves office and he tells us the bad news. It was so annoying.

We didn't even get any notice because we're 'temporary' he can just fire us whenever he likes. So anyway, I'm kinda thinking, 'Poo. There's no way I'm going to be able to find another job in winchester, there's not long until I leave, but I really need one!'. I spent the rest of the day feeling a bit bummed, but I did most of what was left of my french coursework and finished another french essay which is a good thing, and went downstairs to have a chat. Then, all of a sudden we get another phone call:

(And I quote:)
'Kayleigh and Becky better get there arses down here if they want there job back'

Of course then I went running upstairs to put my stripy cow slippers back in my room and get some proper shoes on and we went over to see Dave again. We thought he was angry about something because of how he asked us to go and see him. That's how scary he is, he's the kind of person who you can never tell whether he's being nice or secretly really evil. They are the worst kind of person, you can never quite make up your mind about them. I just try to never speak to him so that he doesn't suddenly turn into a massive green monster and eat me or something. Anyhoooo... Fortunately, the guy that was suppose to take over from us hadn't turned up, so we got our jobs back! Yay! I was so glad. Dave wasn't going to eat me after all!

Bet you don't know many people who have been sacked and then un-sacked all in one day, do you? hehe yippee

Also, I was my own 2000th visitor today. Even though it was me that was visiting my own page, I still felt proud. I had a sort of warm 'ooh' glow inside. It was nice. And then I got over it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home