Friday, April 08, 2005

I'm Starting Over

With thanks to Valancy Jane, I've decided to change my life. I'm going to make it much more interesting than what it is right now. I don't think that I'm a boring person, but when I compared all the things that I do and that I write in my blog with what VJ does and writes about in her blog, I realised that I'm definitely lacking in something! Ok, so what do I do? Here's what VJ said about making life more random and therefore eventful and interesting:

Randomness is like a muscle, which must be exercised regularly. Take responsibility for amusing yourself if you feel bored. Make friends with the guy in the corner that smells of pee. Push peoples buttons occasionally. Do anything that you are afraid of. Never miss an opportunity to make a memory.

I think it's good advice. And I'm going to do what I can to make my life more random, just so that I can blog about it. Hmm that's a bit sad isn't it. Maybe I should have said I'd do it for my own satisfaction and the happiness of others. Oh well, I can do it for all those reasons!

Ok, well it's easy to say all of those things that I should do, but where do I start? Even if I did 'make friends with the guy in the courner that smells of pee', would I even have anything to talk about. I mean, I don't really have any hobbies. Not proper ones anyway. I hang out with my friends, I read sometimes, I like music, but there's not really anything else that I do. Maybe the first thing that I need to tackle is me being lazy. I'm not the laziest person in the world or anything, but I've decided to try and become less lazy so that I can get out there and actually do something for once. Maybe if I start doing the odd thing like being generally more helpful inthe way of offering to do things for people and watching less tv etc, I'll eventually be able to stop being lazy, get active and make my life much more interesting. Instead of sitting around and complaining that I'm bored, I'll do something fun! There are a few things that will stop me though:

- I'm still at college and I board there so it's not like I have the freedom or opportunities to do certain things
- I'm only 17
- I can't drive and even if I could I wouldn't be able to afford a car
- I'm not really brave enough to do something, well... really different.
- And I don't have an amazing boyfriend that leaves me millions of roses like JR did that I can blog about all day, although it would be nice. haha Yes, VJ is very lucky.

Well. I need to set targets if I'm going to have a more random and interesting life. It'll probably take time. but here are my first targets:

1. Combat being lazy by a) watching less tv when I'm at college b) being more helpful

2. Find a new hobby that is constructive. hmmm maybe I should start running. I need to get fit. Even though I'm thin I've somehow managed to become one of the most unfittest people on the planet. Not sure how I managed that. I have the craziest metabolism ever. It doesn't matter how much cake I eat, I'm still the same. I suppose that's a good thing though. I'd probably be unhappy if I was fat. Still, it's not that nice when people include 'ew' in a sentence when they say that your thin, either. Oh well, I'm working on it.

I wonder how I'll get on in this... I'll keep posting my progress. But pray for me guys, I'm gonna die here!

Ok, so this did start off as me wanting to make my blog a bit more interesting. But it seems I need to change the whole of my life in order to do so... hmmmm I probably sound so lame.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

My response to this is soooo long, it's going to be a post on my blog. Look for it soon.

3:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home