Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Tale Of The Lost Rabbit....

Me and Gemma were just sitting watching tv after dinner when Gemma suddenly noticed a rabbit in the garden. I obviously got up to look, cause I'm a sucker for anything small furry and cute and I noticed that there were actually 2 rabbits. They were running around chasing each other like they were happy little friends, but one of them had floppy ears, which obviously meant it had run away - it wasn't wild likje the other one. My mum rang someone to see if it was their rabbit, and it was, so me and my dad went to try and rescue it but it ran away! I've been walking around for the last half an hour saying 'Mummy, can we please get a rabbit. Please??Pleeeeaaase????'. Unfortunately the answer was no. But, 'You can get a rabbit when you move into your new house!!', to which dad's reply was 'mmm, yes. We can have rabbit stew'. And he was being serious. I'm not best pleased. I'll constantly be looking out of the window to see if it comes back. The wild one (aka Billy) has already come back (obviously in search of his lost love, who I have named Jemima) . . .

. . . literally as soon as I had finished writing that sentence, I looked out of the window. 'DAAAAAAD!!! THE RABBITS ARE BACK!!!' I then ran downstairs and into the garden. After about 10 minutes of running and moving around and climbing over fences, Jemima (who's actual name is Fudge) is back in her little house. It turns out that all 4 of their rabbits had escaped. 2 of them have now been caught, but the others are probably miles away already. They're half wild though, so they'll probably be ok. Also, when I saw it out of the window it was with the wild rabbit again and we all know what that means!! BABIES!!!! The little kids reaction at the house when we took it back was 'Not another one!!!! She's already had 4 litters!!' I thought it was quite amusing.

I've got my heart set on having a rabbit now. *sigh*

1 Comments:

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

See! Your life is totally random. You had a bunny rodeo. By the way, I love that you named them.

7:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home