Monday, March 20, 2006

Pun of the Century

(We were talking about crazes that school kids go through… at that moment in time we were talking about tamagotchis)

Person 1: They were so annoying how they used to constantly beep all the time in lessons.

Person 2: Couldn’t you put them on pause or something? Oh wait, I suppose not, you can’t exactly press pause on a real pet, could you? Like a cat or something?

Person 3: Yeah, you can press paws on a cat!

I think I was one of the only people who heard them say it, and it was hilarious at the time.

But… not now….. obviously……. *rolls eyes* I can almost sense the *after a rubbish joke silence* over the Internet. Ah well, I guess you had to be there.

Actually, you know what? I like bad jokes. I even liked the one about ‘that Black Beauty being a right dark horse’ and the one about Moses wearing a wig because half the time he walked around with Aaron and half the time he didn't…. The only unacceptable ‘bad jokes’ are dad jokes. Sorry dad, but you know the saying… if you’ve heard it once you’ve heard it a bazillionkazillion times… even though the actual words that come out of your mouth are different (almost) every time, all I hear is *blah blah blah cringe cringe cringe bad joke bad joke*. It’s the same for dad’s everywhere I think. But with my dad, bless his little (big) cotton socks, I know the bad joke is coming before the words even leave his lips, so I can prepare myself for it. I only ever laugh to stop myself from crying at how appalling they are. Would you like me to buy you a decent joke book for your birthday so that you can learn some new ones? hehehehe

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can actually pause tamagochi's. they can also have their own babies. It is an education being a teacher of 6 yr olds!

5:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention it reminds me of the time blah blah blah...Has this thing cut me off, I hope not but I'll have to go now on account of my throat--
Why is it sore?
No Rebecca threatened to cut it!!!

5:12 pm  
Blogger beaky said...

I certainly did NOT threaten to cut your throat! How rude!

5:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beaky...I think you missed it.... i think the above is a joke....call yourself an expert at dad jokes. *tut*

7:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! hehe...i like dad jokes!

3:15 pm  
Blogger beaky said...

Yes Gemma... I was joking too...

4:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

didn't sound like it!

5:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home