Monday, March 06, 2006

A great weekend... spoiled by the monday morning...

I had a really nice weekend. I went to watch Sheffield Steelers vs Nottingham Panthers with Faye, Michelle and hwe boyfriend Adam and it was really good fun. I'd never seen an ice hockey game before and it was really exciting, I'd definitely go again. There weren't as many fights as I would have liked, but then there were two injuries which made up for it a bit I suppose... hehe. It was a 1-1 draw which was a bit disappointing, but they played again the next day in Nottingham and we won that one!! whoop whoop! I'm going to get the pictures that I took from Faye and hopefully I can put them on here tomorrow. And I've now decided that if I ever go to Canada, I'm going to watch an ice hockey match there. It's probably really inaccurate, but my vision of how it is there is that the crowd will be completely insane and there'll be fights every couple of minutes involving the whole of both teams each time with numerous gruesome injuries... I hope it is really like that and not just in my imagination. That's how it is in films anyway...


But... I found out today that the contract for my house for next year has been cancelled so now I have nowhere to live. The thing that makes it even worse is that they took the deposit money out of our accounts last week, before they'd even signed the contract, bit fishy or what? I better get my £275 back or there'll be trouble... You'll definitely be hearing more on this suject after I've been to see the landlord tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh ice-hockey is cool! i saw some dudes playing it last night when i went ice-skating! who were you all supporting?!! well im gussing faye was for nott and u for sheff! xx
p.s. any update on the house situ?

10:41 am  
Blogger beaky said...

we've found a few (got a massive list of them from the accommodation office) and me faye n rachael went through and got rid of the definite nos, but we need to look more at the other ones.

12:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home