Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My great bike ride

I'm sure you're all really interested in this..... hmmmm haha Follow the littel red line...



Well, I'm proud of myself that I even managed to go this far on my bike TWICE so I'm showing you where I went. Obviously my siblings know where this is, so they will know that I have actually accomplished something amazing by me by choosing to cycle all this way when I could have sat in the garden with a nice drink and a nectarine enjoying the sunshine. The first time I went was with my grandad one afternoon a few weeks ago, but the other day when I did this again I couldn't go until 7.30pm because it is

WAY

TOO

HOT


at the moment. Even then I nearly died because I didn't take a drink with me. It's quite hilly around here too, you should feel sorry for me.

I was going to put a picture like this on the other day about my route to work, which has changed WONDERFULLY over the last week (I now only have to leave the house 5 minutes before I start instead of just over 20, so I now only have to get up at 7am!) but I thought putting a very zoomed in picture of where I work on the Internet and then talking about it in my other posts might be pushing it a bit... not like there's anything that terrorists would want around there anyway...

hmmm they haven't made me sign the official secrets act thingy, so technically I could give away all the top secret things I hear on a day to day basis without getting into trouble! I mean, I could tell you things that I hear like...


Soldier 1: 'You're such a fat ****'
Soldier 2: 'Oi! What you calling me that for?'
Soldier 1: 'What? I didn't say I wasn't too!'
Soldier 2: 'Oh, ok then.'


*In the thickest Scottish accent ever* 'There are quite a few peeepul that don't actually haf a job on a daaay to daaay basis round here. They just... sit arooond. That's aboooot it.


'With all due respect, Sir, **** ****** **** and it's not my ******* fault, **** ******, so I'm not going to ****** ******, ok?'

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done that route before, its not that far! plus i went the other way round, and my chain broke and got jammed half way round so i got to ride down that maaaaassssive hill to build up speed to take me as close to the barracks as I could get without having to get off and push, then i got a strong soldier to pull it out and get dirty so i could ride home!!! see soldiers do do something useful.

10:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a bad cycle ride - did you use Google Earth to measure how far it was?

Your next challenge is to cycle to Bad Essen and back - it only took me four hours!

1:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home