Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Trust the British Army....

Whilst I was at work yesterday I overheard this conversation....

*An officer walks in, and calls the name of the soldier that is in the room* (I can't remember what his name actually was, so lets just call him Watkins....*

Officer: Watkins!

Watkins: *Stands up* Yes Sir?

Officer: Can you do something for me?

Watkins: Yes, of course Sir.

Officer: Well, you don't really have to do anything, but will you just be part of the platoon for tomorrow morning?

Watkins: Platoon, Sir?

Officer: *Pause* You know... for the, errr... egg throwing contest. There'll be a briefing for the whole platoon in the morning. That was all.

Watkins: Yes Sir, of course, the egg throwing contest, how could I forget?! See you in the morning Sir.

They never cease to amaze me, really. It would have been much more exciting if he had got an order about something secret or driving a tank or something, but no.

In all their glory they've recently started a new thing of security checking everyone that starts to work for them, meaning I had to miss out on a week of getting paid because of their ridiculous and unecessary policies. Me, though, SERIOUSLY?! Why check me?? I have three reasons why it's utterly silly:

1. I can't even unscrew the lid off the top of a bottle, what other harm can I do, really? Steal a tank? Fire a gun? I think not.
2. I've worked for them before. What makes me more dangerous now than I was last summer? Hmm?!
3. I've probably lived in this place longer than they have. Doesn't that count for ANYTHING?

Army = SUCKEEEEEEEERRRRRRRSSSSS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home