Friday, April 14, 2006

The B Set Rebels

I've just been talking to my friend Ella from school that I haven't spoken to for quite a while. We were remembering all the silly things that we did when we were at school (there were A LOT of silly things...).

I made her laugh so much that she had to use her asthma stuff. I think I nearly killed her. I'm serious. I really nearly did.

Then I told mum one of the stories and laughed so much and ended up spilling my drink more than once.

I love laughing. Especially when you're remembering how badly behaved the whole of your class was and how we got away with ALL OF IT.

The B Set Rebels. That's what we were. Complete and utter rebels. But it was fun, so I don't regret it.

I especially like the one where we drew a nose and whiskers on Kathryn's face. The teacher went absolutely insane and the thing that made it even more funny was that it was one of those *you're trying not to laugh which makes you laugh even more and then snort and nearly wet yourself* kind of moments. Classic.

Or the one where Mr Wood had to come in and observe our lesson cos we were ALL so silly, but we were perfect that lesson. But when he left we all cracked up laughing and didn't stop for half an hour. I bet Mrs Currier thought she was going insane.

Or in physics where every few minutes someone would shout 'MOLE!'. It had nothing to do with the fact that the teacher looked like a mole or anything.... hehe

I lost count of the times Kathryn was screamed at for singing. They were mostly love songs....... to herself. I would usually worry about anyone that did that, but it was just normal, everyday life for Kathryn.

You know, I'm not surprised that teachers have breakdowns. It's probably from people like us. Mind you, we were only ever very silly, we weren't nasty, so I guess it's ok, there are classes worse than ours, and we generally got on with our teachers. It's just hard to get to grips with the fact that a whole class can be so ridiculous every lesson for 2 years running. And I still managed to get A grades!!! It makes it seem even more worthwhile!

I would never be able to do that now without feeling at least a bit guilty about it, but they are all great memories nonetheless.

Ahhh... The Grove. What a wonderful place...

I can tell I'm going to be laughing in my sleep tonight. If you knew what me, Ella, Kathryn, John etc were like, you'd understand completely. Actually, even if you only know what I'm like, just imagine them as being different versions of me, then you'll know exactly why the lessons were so funny.

Tee hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home