Thursday, February 23, 2006

I did it! Can you believe it?!

I reached into the cupboard, and pulled out two objects from the top shelf.

I smelled the first before replacing it back down on the table, and then lifted up the second and took a long breath in through my nose.

I couldn’t decide.

I smelled them again, pulling a ‘should I, shouldn’t I?’ face.

Into another cupboard I went… but there was nothing there, so I washed a mug that was sitting by the sink, flicked a switch, and stood there, nervously, waiting for my brain to make up its mind.

There was only one thing for it. Eeny-meeny-miny-mo. The choice was made. I couldn’t believe I was doing this. If only I’d been to the shop on the way home, I would never have had to put myself through this.

‘Click’. It was ready......

I was starting to feel slightly glad about the choice I’d made. I’d decided that smelling the first item had given me a headache so the second must be the right one for me. Maybe I breathed in too deeply.

I went to the fridge and pulled out my housemate’s milk, remembering that the only reason I was doing this to myself was because mine had gone off so I couldn’t make hot chocolate. How stupid of me. Oh well, it’s too late now.

I poured in the water, almost trembling.

Then the milk.

I’d done it. But there was only one thing left to do. I had to drink it.

Drink what?’ you may ask.

Tea.

That’s what.

I’m drinking a cup of tea.

It’s got 2 spoonfuls of sugar in it, but it’s still tea. I can hardly believe it myself.

This probably doesn’t seem like a big deal to you, but it is. It really is. My brother will be so proud.

According to his opinions, his youngest sister reached real ‘maturity’ at 15.17 on Wednesday 22nd February 2006.

I feel like I can actually justify calling myself ‘English’ now too.


I’ve done it. I’m a proper grown up. I drank a cup of tea. What an achievement!



..........












But I don’t think I like it… maybe with a couple more sugars……

Actually no. I still think it's gross. Oh well, you can't say I didn't try. Maybe I'll have to go for the coffee next time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

shock horror.
tea is good.
I won't have you using it's name with disrespect

5:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so proud *sniff*

Try coffee next.

11:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tea is great! :D infact, i may have a cuppa now! :D x

10:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home