Monday, January 16, 2006

The Time Traveller's Wife


After only joining the library on Friday afternoon, I have already managed to read the whole of The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It's one fat book. I'm quite proud of myself. I took it back to the library today, and seeing as I couldn't find the other books that I wanted, I decided to get Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Anyway... as for The Time Traveller's Wife....

I think I can describe it as being 'quite good', not good enough to fit into my favourites list, but then it wasn't bad either. The actual storyline is very basic - a tale of 2 people and their love story, with some sad parts in it, obviously. The only reason why it's made interesting is the fact that Clare, the wife, met Henry, the husband, when she was 6 and he was 36 or something like that. And they were married when she was something like 22 and he was 28. Confused? You should be. It sounded so weird and rubbish before I read it, but it does make total sense when you read it.

I give it a score of:
10 out of 10 for originality (I've never heard of a story like that before)
7 3/4 out of 10 overall


Ooh, I could do reviews of all the books I read! I'd look so sophisticated!! haha. Well, perhaps not. Anyhoo, time to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home