Friday, January 13, 2006

Things I want to do, but in most cases can't list

Have Ballet lessons. I still 8 years old inside, I want to be a ballerina.

Have Salsa lessons. Looks like so much fun! And it would make me fit too. I can’t be doing with this ‘gym’ and ‘running’ business that everyone else is into, what’s with that?

Go horse riding. I used to do it a lot when I was younger, but the stables that my school used when I came to England was really rubbish and all the ponies were evil, so I stopped. I wish we could have just gone somewhere else. But, alas, I wasn’t the one which got to make the decisions unfortunately.

Go to New Zealand. Someone’s French presentation today was about New Zealand, and even though the presentation wasn’t very thrilling, I still spent the whole time thinking, ‘yep, I’m gonna go there’, but I can’t afford it, especially if I do this. (I haven’t actually told you what it is yet, but I will do soon). Maybe I could take mum on holiday. She’d have to chip in with the payment area of the holiday, obviously!

Have an extensive list of amazing books that I’ve read, so that when something pops up in conversation, I’ll be able to say that I’ve read it. I admire people that like to read. Even though my list isn’t that impressive at the moment, I do love reading. It’s nice to have a break from reality every once in a while. But there isn’t a fiction section in our library, so I think I might make next week’s mission to join the library in town and see what they’ve got to offer. One problem though. It takes usually takes me absolutely ages to find a book that I want to read. I have to know it’s going to be awesome before I read it. Take the ‘His Dark Materials’ trilogy for example (to all you none readers, it’s northern lights etc etc). I only read that because Shaun read it. Then Ben read it. And then Jess read it, and they all thought it was great, so I knew I would.

Be better at the violin. I quit lessons when I was about 14 and didn’t play it for years because I was still in the ‘I hate it’ stage. But since my mum has started learning it’s been out of it’s hiding place, and I’ve actually played it. I want to get better at it. I’m also dying to find out where my old grade 4 pieces have disappeared to. Anyone know?

Be good at French. Yes, I have been learning it since I was 11, but for some reason I’m rubbish. I’ve forgotten everything since I did my A Level exam. I’m determined to actually feel like I’ve improved.

I know there’ll be more to add to this. Just you wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home