Sunday, October 02, 2005

Yay for Sheffield!

Well, what an interesting week it has been!

I moved into my house here at uni on Sunday 25th. It’s quite a good house and my house mates are really cool so it’s good. (Actually, one of them is a bit of a mystery because we hardly ever see him and we actually thought he was called Sam until halfway through the week we found out that he’s really called Tom! Oops!) I’ve met back up with Jess from college which is great, it’s really nice to have a familiar face and not only are we on the same course so have lectures at the same time, we’re both in the same seminar group which is really good! I wont have to wonder round by myself looking confused and lost – I’ll have her to do that with me! Haha

It’s been quite a strange week I guess, but I don’t think it’ll take me long to settle in and make proper friends (even though I’m missing all my old friends from Symonds A LOT – if any of you guys read this, come and visit me!!!! NOW!). I met some people from the cu last night which was good fun, thankfully they all seem really nice and I think I’ll get along well with them. Luckily one of the guys lives in Norfolk Park too so I didn’t have to come home by myself…

…Winchester and Sheffield are VERY different. I would quite happily run around the streets of Winchester alone at 3am but am constantly feeling like I’m going to be mugged or something here in Sheffield, even in broad daylight. Ok, so it’s not that bad where I live, but better to be safe than sorry, besides, I told you before that there’s a bail hostel near my house, you can’t trust anyone!


To anyone that cares….. I’m now wearing my wonderful new earrings that are pretty and that sparkle and dangle beautifully for the first time ever! YAY! I even got them in without injuring myself! I’m so pleased! I didn’t even have mummy to help me!



At the moment I like…… that I’ve made lots of new friends and actually have something to do all day long!

At the moment I don’t like……. Having to buy food from the super market that is a million miles away (oh yes, I didn’t tell you, I live on the BIGGEST HILL THERE EVER WAS and I’m only small and weak so it’s a real hassle carrying things home) and having to cook for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home