Sunday, July 10, 2005

Batwoman! The most exciting thing ever!

I am officially Batwoman. After being home for 10 days, I decided to unpack today. Then, when I had finished, I opened the attic door (which is one of those where the door is in the ceiling) and a baby bat practically fell on me. I screamed so much that I wouldn't be surprised if the whole street heard me! It scared the life out of me, because I had no idea what it was at first . For some reason I thought it was a frog, but then I looked closer and realised it was a bat(why and how a frog would be in my attic I have NO idea!). I then went on to screaming for mum to come and look. Anyway, dad picked it up on a piece of paper and put it out of the window. It couldn't actually fly properly so it kinda glided down to the floor. I thought he'd killed it so I ran downstairs and into the garden to look for it, but it turned out that it had crawled by the door and it was a good job that I didn't shut it or I would have completely squashed him! (Oh yeah, by the way I decided it was a 'he' and I called him Alfred.) He really is the cutest thing I've ever seen and I took some pictures so when I get them developped I'll put them on here. In the mean time you'll have to make do with the picture that I put on of a similar one that I found on the Internet. Anyway, back to the story!....

..... We decided to put him in a tree because we didn't know what else to do with him and he climbed quite a way up and went to sleep. But later on when I came to check on him I decided to put him back in the attic with his friends (aka Martin and Sylvia) which I also found when I eventually put my suitcase up there (hehe it was funny when dad tried to put him back in his little hole because all of the other ones kept falling out and they kept trying to run away when he tried to catch them). So, Alfred is safe in our nice warm attic at the moment and mum is going to call someone tomorrow to come and take him and his friends away to a nice new house somewhere lovely. I'm sure he will always remember me and that I loved him dearly, and I'll never forget his cute little face. Awwww


Alfred: my new best friend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

9:25 pm  
Blogger Valancy Jane said...

I love that you name things. I feel we're related in some way.

3:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home