Tuesday, July 05, 2005

You learn something new everyday...

What? No you don't. Surely? Well, I didn't think you did, not really anyway. For some reason this topic came up while we were having dinner. Of course I answered, 'Well I haven't learnt anything over today nevermind this last weekend, I haven't done anything!'. But then we thought about it, and I actually have. So, I'm putting myself to the test. I'm going to be at home doing pretty much nothing for quite a while so I'm going to see whether I actually learn anything remotely useful.

We discoverd that today, I've learnt:

- Never put a pan back on a hob that's still hot because it'll dry everything up inside and it'll get stuck to the bottom of the pan and it'll be harder to clean

- If you put something in the tumble dryer, make sure that YOU are the one that takes it out, otherwise a certain grandparent may take them out afterwards and hang them on the line even when they've already been dried (Grandparents: 'We didn't know what the tumble dryer was for! So, we hung them out.' Me: 'Isn't the clue in the name? Tumble DRYER. Nevermind. Thanks anyway Grandma')

-
It's always important to make sure that your grandparents know the difference between where the salt and the sugar are kept. Otherwise you get salt in your tea and on your strawberries. Not the nicest.

- Don't EVER use the words 'marriage' and the name of one of your brothers or sisters in the same sentence, even if it's unrelated, because old people often get the wrong idea....

- Don't put the cabbage on top of the fridge, put it on top of the freezer instead or lots of water will condense on the top causing it to go funny.

- I also learnt, rather unfortunately, that I missed out on the greatest party ever during half term. They even got to... I can't even say it....... DRESS UP!!!!! I'll probably cry myself to sleep tonight. I would have got to be the mad french chef too who was involved in the murders....

Josh and Jo. Note: Josh is playing MY character.

I tried to put some more picture on but they wouldn't load for some reason. Maybe I'll try again later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Save us pleasssssssseeeeeeeeee!!!They're losing it! Really...grandparents have gone mad!

6:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home