Thursday, January 26, 2006

Guess who I saw?!

I wrote this yesterday, but I didn't post it....

Just after I’d finished on the computer yesterday, I met Faye and Joel for a little passing chat. Joel headed off for an exam, Faye went home and I walked into town because I needed to go to the library and do some shopping. The way I normally walk was blocked off. I didn’t really think anything of it; they must have been doing something to the path, or digging up pipes or whatever those city council people get up to. It didn’t matter anyway, all I had to do was walk along a tiny bit to use the steps. When I got up there, there was quite a big crowd and loads of police (they were the ones that had blocked off the path) and stuff, which was quite exciting by itself. I walked straight on, towards the crowd, because where I was going was on the other side of it. I got pas the crowd and was content with thinking that it was all a bit random, but I wasn’t bothered about what was going on. But, before I had properly moved away from the crowd loads of people started shouting things and taking pictures, so obviously curiosity got me, so I turned around and Prince Charles was standing about 3 metres away from me!! Half of you are probably thinking that it’s rubbish, but I’ve never seen a famous person before, never mind a royal! By this time I was a little bit stuck in the crowd so I thought I might as well take a picture on my mobile, because I have a feeling that when I see everyone on Thursday they’ll be expecting some evidence. The camera on my phone isn’t that great though, and I don’t know how to get the pictures off it, so I can’t show you the ones that I took myself, you’ll just have to imagine the scene yourself.

Maybe I shouldn’t get that excited about seeing a Prince. I suppose getting excited about seeing Prince Eric or Prince Charming is ok (if only they were real!), but perhaps not Prince Charles.

No! What am I on about?! I still think it was great anyway! The nearest I’ve been to something interesting concerning the Royal family other than this was that I was at Buckingham Palace that day that the ‘Fathers For Justice’ guy dressed up as Batman and climbed up the side of it. Even then, I didn’t actually get to see it happen. I had literally just left the place. Bummer.


In other news…..

I used to feel completely full after eating a whole plate full of Chicken and Vegetable pie with potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots all smothered in gravy, but for some reason today I ate all of that.

Then slurped all the gravy off the plate. (Yes, yes, you did see that right. I literally sucked off all the gravy from the plate because it was that good. And of course it went all over my chin, I’m proud of that fact too.)

Then I had 2 yoghurts.

And a whole plate full of crackers (Jacobs, of course).

And I’m still hungry.

This can only be a good thing, right? I must be on my way to being heavy enough to give blood! Surely!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One didn't realise that one was in the crowd otherwise one would have invited one for a coffee, yah?

Lots of love Beaky

Charlie XXX (Sent with Camilla's knowledge)

3:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home