Thursday, July 21, 2005

Thing you didn't know about me #13

When the house phone rings, even if I'm standing right next to it, I don't want to answer it. If I'm in another room and I know there's someone else somewhere in the house I will completely ignore it. Not just because I don't think it's for me, but because I've been a boarder for 7 years. Why would this make me be rude and not answer the phone, you might wonder? Because when I was at school, every single time I answered it, it was for one of the chinese girls and the person on the other end never spoke any english and assumed it was their daughters personal phone. And if they didn't start speaking English (obviously I couldn't tell who they wanted to talk to cos I can't speak Chinese!) we had to hang up eventually. thing is, they would keep ringing back. Again and again and again. In the end I just didn't bother answering it at all. And at college it was ALWAYS for the same person, so even though for the last 2 years I've had a room that was within 20m of the phone, I've only ever answered it twice. So, if you ever want to contact me, ring my mobile!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home