Monday, March 07, 2005

Fire!! Fire!!

Today was pretty strange. Whoa! The fire alarm just went off again and scared the life out of me. Phew. Anyway, back to what I was saying before.... Had a normal Monday at College, the same old boring stuff, but tonight we had quite an exciting time! A fireman came into college to talk to us - you might think it would be really boring, but it was actually, whoa, there's the alarm again... SHUT UP!!!!... anyway... it was actually quite interesting. He talked to us for a bit and we watched a couple of short videos, which was ok. There was one which was quite funny actually. Basically, a kid chucked a lit piece of paper into an off licence so obviously it caught fire. The other customers completely ignored it, even though the fire was by the door! Eventually the shop assistant realised and tried to put it out but that didn't work so she ran away. A woman with 5 small children came in to watch (why?!?!? Stupid woman...) and another guy helped himself to a couple of bottles of drink before he ran out!!! None of them called the fire brigade and the fireman that spoke to us said that if they had been there a couple of minutes longer the whole thing would have been up in flames and they would all be dead. It might not sound that bad, but serously it was! i didn't realise that people could be so stupid!! It was so funny!!!

There was also a film of a place in Brazil where people were throwing them selves out of the windows which wasn't so nice...

But the real fun of the evening (actually the only fun, because the videos weren't exactly 'fun') was that we got to do that thing where you go into a smoky corridor and you have to find something and then get out. It was so much fun. I got competely disorientated at one point which wasn't so great, and we couldn't find what we were supposed to be looking for either, oopsie. Blame Hughz for that one. But it was great. I stupidly breathed through my mouth at the beginning, which was very silly cos that stuff is horrible when it gets in your throat. Then couldn't breathe at all for about 10 seconds. If you actually think about it, doing that kind of thing is actually quite pointless, because if it was a real fire, and the smoke was that thick, a couple of breaths of it and you'd be dead anyway - you wouldn't even make it to the door to get out!!! But I suppose it is kinda good, because it frightens you into thinking about what you would actually do in a fire.

Also in the news today...
I am SO unfit. I ran to get a football this evening (i.e. running for a total of about 10-15 seconds, quite fast) and I was out of breath. That really isn't good, is it? I should do some more exercise. I know I need my inhaler when I do stuff sometimes, but that really is no excuse. If you have any good ideas of what I can do to get fit, then leave a comment. (Just remember that I'm lazy and may need to be forced into it...) I can tell, and I'm only 17 now, that I'm going to need a hip replacement, and that I'm going to die before I'm 60. Well, at the rate I'm going I will anyway. Hmmm.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fatty

11:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home