Monday, August 29, 2005

My trip to Holland!

I had a really good weekend, but aren't going to completely bore you (i hope) with thousands of different things so I'll just do a summary of everything:

- We arrived there on Friday evening after 3 1/2 hours of sitting in the car (ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz boring boring boring). I really like their house and the area around it it really nice.

- Saturday I got up early and went to Amsterdam with one of my sisters and my uncle (my mum, auntie and other sister went to Den Haag, and following tradition my dad stayed home and did nothing but listen to the cricket on radio 4 and have a nap). Anyway we went to Anne Franks house first so that we didn't have to queue. It was quite interesting and then we had some apple cake thing in a cafe with a drink and went on one of the canal cruises so we pretty much saw everything from there. Because the others were late back from the hague because mum had to stop and look and some wonderful stripy sock (which, yes she did buy for us) and a nice table and some pans or something (what can I say, it's my mother!)

- Sunday we went to my aunt and uncles church in the morning (and had a nice lady to tranlsate for us because I can't speak ANY dutch whatsoever. It was funny cos she only made one proper mistake but it still made me laugh - she said firework instead of fire brigade. It made the sentence sound quite rediculous haha) then we went to the beach at Wasesenaar (spelling?) in the afternoon. We made an awesome sandcastle with tunnels and everything (pictures to follow later) . My uncle thought it would be funny to 'modify' one of the pictures on his computer. He's always playing jokes like that, but all I can say is, I've never seen such a minging picture of me. I made him destroy it (that was after he turned it into a 'Wanted' poster and stuck it on the wall). And then in the evening we went to Scheveningen which is in De Haag to walk along the beach front and pier and stuff, it was a really cool place actually.

- Today we went to this little zoo thing near their house which was good fun cos there were loads of really cute little baby animals, which as you probably know already if you know me or read this blog often, will never fail to impress me. Oh how I love baby animals *sigh*. Oh dear, now I really am a loser. Oh well..... small things please small minds...... Anyway, then we travelled home in the car again. That consisted of: lots of sleep, listening to the Delerious? album about 6 times, and icecream and a kit kat.

So, there you have it, that's what I got up to this weekend. It was very good fun.

Oh, and here's a few conclusions I came to this weekend:
- The dutch love bikes an AWFUL LOT
- They also seem to love drempels aka silly bumps in the road to slow traffic
- There are a LOT of birds in holland (yes, yes I know that's because of all the water). I saw lots of ducks, a squigillion herons, some greebs and a stork (but it didn't have a baby in a cloth hanging from it's beak which was a little disappointing, but it's ok, I got over it eventually)
- My next mission is to visit Paris. every so often I think of a new place that I'm determined to visit. My first was Rome, and I did that, so now I have to go to Africa somewhere and to Paris. I'm utterly determined.
- There's not a lot to see in Amsterdam if you don't ike museums or art galleries.
- Dutch architecture is dreadful. And when I say dreadful, I mean completely and absolutely DREADFUL. Don't get me wrong, many of the houses are really nice inside and the old ones are ok, but most of the new ones I saw were awful. I don't know who thought of the new styles, but most of them look like prisons. Oooh, oooh! That reminds me, we went past the prison that Slobodan Melosevic is in! How exciting!

Hmm ok so this post was slightly longer than I intended, but nevermind, you've had to go the whole weekend without me, I'm sure you don't mind! Night!

OOOOOOOH OHHHHHHH!!!! HO COULD I FORGET? I DON'T HAVE TO GET UP IN THE MORNING FOR MY STUPID JOB BUT YOU ALL HAVE TO GET UP FOR WORK NA NAA NA NAA NAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Mwahahahaa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home